First State Home Health’s services include:
- Comprehensive skilled nursing care including medication management, wound care, home IV/infusion therapy, observation and teaching to help patients recover more quickly.
- Physical and occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, and speech and language pathology services, to help patients regain strength more quickly following injury, surgery or illness.
- Caregiving support with activities of daily living including dressing, bathing, walking and helping a patient with other daily activities, to promote and foster a patient’s independence.
- Education for the patient and family members regarding the patient’s condition, disease process or injury, diet and wellness, all to help the patient better manage the condition, and work towards recovery and independence.
- Raising awareness on the best way to manage medications, to help prevent or reduce medication concerns.
- Ongoing communication and support in dealing with illness and the patient’s condition, to reduce fear, anxiety, and a feeling of isolation.